- Assists and Support Commissioning Authority
- Perform design reviews of HVAC, controls and electrical plans and specifications
- Prepare and perform performance functional tests
- Consult on energy efficiency and sustainable designs
- Lead commissioning meetings and presentations
- Perform submittals reviews and prepare commissioning test forms and equipment checklists
- Perform field inspections, equipment startups, test and balance activities, and functional performance tests
- Prepare commissioning reports and maintain commissioning issues lists
- Responsible for the technical quality, accuracy and managerial aspects of multiple projects
- Responsible for personal and subordinate time management for those projects
- Planning for project activities and keeping accurate records of project activities
- Technical report writing and editing
- Client management and communication
- Communication with other staff including Principals, Engineers and Administration Staff
- Experienced in taking airflow and hydro flow readings for HVAC instrument calibration
- Minimum 4 years of project management experience in design and/or construction, commissioning of new construction projects and re-commissioning of existing buildings, with at least 2 of those years in team leadership or management role.
- New construction commissioning experience required, including LEED commissioning.
- Strong HVAC and/or controls background.
- Proven track record of delivering on large and small-scale projects.
- Experience overseeing all aspects of the project, including planning, resource allocation, and schedule management.
- Strong communication skills, including analytical, technical writing, team building, collaboration and problem solving.
- Proven leadership ability.
Professional Certifications and Knowledge Expertise:
Preference given to candidates with any of the following certifications:
- LEED AP BD+C
- AEE CBCP or EBCP
- ACG CxA
- ASHRAE CPMP
- ASHRAE OPMP
- BCA CCP
- SMACNA 1429
Preference given to candidates experienced with these guidelines
- LEED Fundamental Commissioning Guidelines
- ACG Commissioning Guidelines
- AIA Commissioning Guidelines
- NEBB Commissioning Standard
- Whole Building Design Guide
- National Institute of Building Science Guidelines