On behalf of PEAC, the project administrator is responsible for owning the project administration processes. This includes understanding project goals, deadlines, and financial boundaries so they can best allocate resources, benchmarking, scheduling project deadlines, and general coordination. The Project Administrator’s job varies based on the functional requirements of the engagement. This job has general administrative responsibilities, but may also require a focus on a particular area, such as finance, accounting and / or reporting. The Project Administrator may provide support to all people at the project, as determined by the company management. The project administrator will report directly to the Operations Manager.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, you will support Project Managers and Superintendents.
- Provide administrative support and assist PM's with paperwork, billing and change orders.
- Act as central information source by maintaining and distributing project details e.g. Contact details/organization charts and contractual details.
- Research, compile, process and coordinate project data e.g. Data entry, report generation, metrics collection.
- Assist PM's with monitoring tasks during the project implementation phase.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, and high quality presentations.
- Work with Financial Controller and Account Management teams to develop and maintain the account policy and procedures.
- Ensure accuracy of all paperwork and change orders.
- Responsible for the preparation, coordination, analysis and tracking of: Client invoices and Variances.
- Ensure team members follow defined processes.
- Assist PMO Director to follow up on Business Development action items.
- Follow up with project team members on open issue logs and unresolved project tasks.
- Coordinate training activities for the project team; Coordinate with other support teams relating to business activity.
- Inform team on project status and updates.
- Support staff with assigned project-based work and research information as needed.
- Handle routine updates to website.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Project a professional company image through in-person and phone interaction.
- Up to 15% travel required.
- Coordinate with Project Manager for Project Set-up form modifications as required
- Enter and update contract value and funded sales per Sales Policy Inactivate and close projects.
- Perform Billing Functions, including: Distribute Billing reports monthly to Project Managers.
- Prepare and process client invoices that are compliant with contract terms and client specific needs.
- Follow-up with Project Managers if Billing reports are not returned promptly.
- Gather supporting back up for client invoices.
- Complete client required forms (MWBE, HUB) to send with invoices.
- Provide Reports to Project Managers
- Other Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Perform revenue adjustments as required.
- Attend monthly WIP meetings
- Enter and update budgets and revenue caps
- Maintain Project files
- Office clerical duties (may include some A/P duties)
BASIC SKILL LEVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Advanced computer skills – Word / Excel / PowerPoint / Visio.
- Ability to manage own workload and set priorities with little supervision.
- Ability to multi-task, manage time effectively and handle tight deadlines.
- Ability to function effectively in stressful situations/circumstances.
- Ability and desire to learn new skills.
- Can work in a close team environment / strong team player.
- Ensure quality, timeliness and results meet executive's expectations.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Pro-active approach.
- High School Diploma and 1 – 2 years work experience with a small or similar business environment preferred.
- Strong computer and writing skills – must be proficient with MS Office and MS Outlook.
- Some experience in the construction administration is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and professional skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and implement priorities, and manage multiple tasks and demands.
- Ability to respond quickly and deliver results under pressure.
- Must be extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Demonstrate integrity and a positive attitude.